We are Epione Ventures. We are working with China Media Systems (a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange) to source investment opportunities for them in UK life sciences and biotech. CMS Ventures is the name of this project, which is operated by us on behalf of China Medical Systems.
Our full company name is Epione Ventures Limited, our registered office is 6 Charlotte Street, Bath BA1 2NE and our company number is 11900293.
If you would like to contact us with a question about how we use your data, the quickest way to do this is by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. If you are an entrepreneur, innovator or investor. If you contact us, we usually collect your name, email address and the company you are representing, as well as the slide deck and other information you send to us.
We work with third party data brokers who notify us of investment opportunities, and if we want to progress that opportunity, we will use the contact details provided to us by them to contact you. When we contact you for the first time after acquiring your data in this way, we will tell you where we obtained your details from.
We collect and use your data in this way because it’s in our legitimate interests to assess whether your business and the particular opportunity we are considering is suitable for investment.
2. When you attend one of our events. When you attend one of our events, we will usually collect your name, job title, email address and the organisation you are affiliated with. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to know who’s attending our events.
We may take pictures or videos of you attending our events. We do this as we have a legitimate interest to promote our business. You can opt out of having your photo or video taken in this way both when you attend our events and at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. When you receive our email updates. We will handle your personal information (your name and email address) to provide you with our email updates in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our update emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our update emails, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. If we think the investment opportunity you are associated with will be of interest to CMS (a subsidiary of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed China Medical Systems) or the AstraZeneca group of companies, then we will share the opportunity with them. The exact data we will share with them depends on the information we already hold, but will usually include a slide deck, along with a summary of the opportunity and the contact details for the key relevant individuals associated with the opportunity. We share your data in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to promote funding opportunities and If you are not happy for your data to be shared in this way, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
2. If we arrange a joint event, we will share with the other event organiser your name, email address and the organisation you are affiliated with to help us organise the event. If our event co-organiser wants to use this data to contact you separately, we will always tell you who we are sharing the data with first, and give you the chance to opt-out of the other organisation using your data in this way. We use and share your data in this way because we have a legitimate interest to promote our business and the community we all work in.
3. If we have taken photographs of you at one of our events and you have not opted out, we may share these photographs on social media and in our other promotional materials as we have a legitimate interest to promote our organisation. You can opt-out of this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please keep in mind that it is not always possible to remove your photograph from materials that have already been printed, shared or published.
4. We use other companies to help us with data storage, website development and security. Each of our subcontractors has signed up to data protection contracts with us, where they can only use the data they have access to in line with our instructions. To keep this notice as short as possible, we haven’t listed all of these companies here. But if you would like more detail, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. We upload the email addresses and other contact information in our database to social media platforms, which have advertising functionality we use to help us promote our business. This means you may see adverts for our business when browsing social media. We do this because we have a legitimate interest to promote our business, but you can opt-out of this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are using reputable cloud storage platforms that comply with our level of data privacy and UK/EU regulations.
CMS and AstraZeneca are global companies with offices around the world including the USA and China. So if we share your data with them in the circumstances identified above in this policy, your data will be transferred outside of the UK/EU.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. When deciding when to delete your data, we consider the reason it was collected for in the first place, its sensitivity, and the likelihood that we will need to use that data in the future.
We also carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and because this information is anonymised, we can use it indefinitely without notifying you.
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner’s Office, the regulator for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant regulator here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at email@example.com. Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.